PetMedix, based in Cambridge, UK, is a biotech early-stage pharmaceutical company with global ambitions to become the world leader in innovative antibody-based therapeutics for companion animals (dogs and cats). We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic, and highly detail-oriented research associate with a proven background in cell culture to join our pre-clinical development team. The candidate will work in a team environment together with protein biochemist and analytical scientist.
PetMedix is currently seeking a highly-motivated scientist to contribute to the development programs for several of these novel veterinary monoclonal therapeutics. The successful candidate will contribute to our discovery programs, helping to make sure that we produce ‘developable’ molecules, and will play a key role in our technical development / CMC activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with antibody discovery teams to ensure that the best candidates are advanced into development activities
- Contribute to studies on the ‘developability’ of canine platform molecules
- Coordinate and contribute to the oversight of our development activities (CMC-related) for our lead molecules
- Work closely with other members of the executive team to advance our therapeutic portfolio
- Report status and progress to our board
Requirements & Education
- S./M.S./PhD in a life science field
- Previous experience (biotech/industry) in the activities associated with the development of an antibody therapeutic
- Cell line development
- Upstream/downstream optimization
- Preparation of materials for pre-clinical/clinical studies
- Bioanalytical methods
- Project management experience
- Regulatory experience is a plus
- Good presentation skills
- Anticipated travel: ~10%
This is a full-time role with a competitive salary in line with experience and other benefits such as company share options, private pension plan, bonus scheme, and health insurance.
If you would like to become a member of our team, please send your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com
We will deliver the first transgenic mouse platform capable of producing therapeutic-quality antibody drugs fully adopted to the target companion animal. The platform is species-agnostic and our initial focus will be to develop a mouse model for creating therapeutic antibodies for dogs, and then equivalent models for cats and potentially other species.