PetMedix is a new, Cambridge UK based, biotech company making antibody therapeutics for companion animals (dogs and cats). We are seeking a highly motivated a scientist with experience in CHO cell culture and antibody production to join our exciting pre-clinical development team.
The successful candidate will set up CHO culture systems with the aim to produce antibodies with high quality and yield for pre-clinical studies. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for developing bespoke CHO cell lines for research and pre-clinical development purposes.
- High level of experience (minimum 3 years) in CHO cell culture and antibody production in biotech or pharmaceutical setting
- High level of experience in mid-scale CHO cell culture for material supply for preclinical studies.
- Understand CHO cell culture requirement and worked with different transfection and selection systems
- Be able to set up roller bottle, wavebag and bioreactor and related monitor systems
- Be able to conduct CHO cell line development from single cell or mini-pool level and downstream assays for cell line validation
- Be able to put strategy in place to enhance antibody yield
- Be able to put analytical strategy in place for quality control
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot and develop methodologies to achieve desired goals
- Proactive attitude and drive
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Organised and good time management
- Understand downstream antibody purification process
- Understand regulations on cell line development
- Understand cGMP cell banking and production
Terms and benefits
This is full-time role with a competitive salary in line with experience and other benefits such as company share options, private pension plan and health insurance.