We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic, and highly detail-oriented research associate with a proven background in mouse production and archiving ideally with a strong ES cell microinjection background.
This position will apply high-throughput mouse production, archiving and colony management techniques to support the development and maintenance of Petmedix’s proprietary antibody discovery platform.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Embryo isolation and collection for mouse production/archiving
- Embryonic Stem Cell Microinjection
- Pronuclear or Cytoplasmic Microinjection
- Cryopreservation of preimplantation embryos and germplasm
- Perform relevant Assisted Reproductive Techniques such as In Vitro Fertilisation
- Management of WT mouse colonies.
- Support in technology development
- Maintenance of an accurate electronic notebook in a timely manner
- Effective communication of results and findings
Requirements & Education
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Proven work experience using microinjection techniques and aseptic surgery to generate novel mouse models. Experience in colony management, embryo and sperm cryopreservation and recovery using assisted reproductive techniques. Solid knowledge of mouse biology and understanding of transgenics. Excellent organizational, communication and record-keeping skills. Strong motivation and team spirit.
This is a full-time role. We offer a competitive salary in line with experience and other benefits such as company share options, private pension plan and health insurance.