We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic, and highly detail-oriented research associate with a proven background in cell culture, ideally ES cell culture.
This position will apply high-throughput genome engineering and genotyping of modified murine ES cells to support the development of PetMedix’s proprietary antibody discovery platform.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Genetic engineering and culture of mouse ES cell lines
- Quality control, maintenance and cryopreservation of mouse ES cell lines
- Genotyping of mouse ES cells
- Preparation of mouse ES cells for blastocyst microinjection
- Support in technology development
- Maintenance of an accurate electronic notebook in a timely manner
- Effective communication of results and findings
Requirements & Education
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Proven work experience using aseptic techniques in cell culture. Experience in PCR, gel electrophoresis and ideally sequencing. Solid knowledge of cellular/molecular biology and understanding of transgenics. Excellent organisational, communication and record-keeping skills. Strong motivation and team spirit.
This is a full-time role and once every month the successful candidate will be required to work Saturdays and/or Sundays, for around 2h. We offer a competitive salary in line with experience and other benefits such as company share options, private pension plan and health insurance.